Annually, approximately 25,000 roads accidents in the United States are closely related to road litter. Some of these accidents are fatal.
In the United Kingdom, 22,000 accidents caused by objects falling from heavy equipment trailers were reported in 2015.
It is critical that you take various measures to secure loads on heavy haul equipment.
Specially, keeping the load in place will not only protect the drivers and the pedestrians from the accidents, but to also eliminate the related costs.
1. To load and unload cargo, special personnel should be assigned to handle the work of loading and unloading trucks. The loading and unloading personnel should ensure that the materials and cargo are stacked steadily, not rolling, not sliding, and that the loading and unloading trucks are stacked from bottom to top and layered; the loading and unloading trucks are finished, and the binding is firm.
2, unloading from top to bottom, layering unloading, maintain vehicle center of gravity stable, no bias load.
3. When using lifting equipment to cooperate with the operation, 6 “Prohibition” shall be strictly implemented:
It is strictly forbidden for operators to stand in the running line of lifting objects or to drill under the lifted goods;
prohibit standing on row corners and the side of gondola cars; prohibit standing on lifting objects;
prohibit hand-calibration of lifting objects above 0.5 meters;
prohibit hand-foot sticking directly under the lifted goods to pick up and place cushions;
prohibit not according to the regulations, placing randomly anywhere. Goods.
(1) Before the operation, it is necessary to check whether the labor protection articles of the workers are neatly worn, and not to be bare-handed, bare-handed or wear slippers, nor to be engaged in the operation without good labor protection.
(2) To inspect the tools and slings thoroughly and timely and find out the faults and damages, it is necessary to replace or scrap them in time to ensure the safety of operation.
(3) Manpower handling and handling should be carried out according to one’s ability, coordinated with others, and no risk of illegal operation should be taken; vehicles should not be disembarked or disembarked while the vehicles have not stopped steadily and are in place; when the vehicles need to be shifted, necessary protective measures should be taken to ensure the safety of personnel and goods; and when the vehicles have finished loading and unloading, the necessary protective measures should be taken. Strapping firmly.
(4) In hoisting operations, the operation rules and relevant regulations must be strictly enforced, and special personnel must be responsible for the operation of equipment, hoisting, bolting and hoisting work, and the load operation and the allowable load loading of the vehicle in strict accordance with the provisions of the equipment.
(5) Loading, unloading, handling and operating personnel on the operation site shall be strict in labor discipline, obey orders, and shall not be barbarous in loading and unloading, breaking or destroying goods, or abandoning their cars in advance without the completion of loading and unloading, or playing, chasing or fighting on the operation site.
(6) strictly observe the safety and fire regulations, do not smoke in warehouses and workplaces, and use all firearms.
(7) It is necessary to observe the operation process in time and find out the hidden safety hazards. It is necessary to stop the operation immediately and remove them before continuing the operation.
(8) When each operation is completed, the site shall be inspected and cleaned up without leaving any tools, hangers, packages and garbage, so as to have a beginning and an end.