What is the side dump tipper?
A side dump tipper is a vehicle that carries goods or merchandise in a dustbin or pallet. One side or one end will be raised high enough to allow the goods to slide out or dump.
Unloading the side dump can be fast and performed under heavy loads. However, there is a risk that the vehicle will altogether be tipping over during this tipping action.
The side dump trailer is generally used to transport heavy goods, consisting of a loading system, unloading system, and walking system, including oil tank, tank, axle, tire, suspension, Jost, kingpin, circuit, side baffle, toolbox, car lights, etc.
Side dump trailer application
The maximum carrying capacity of the dropside side tipper can reach 80-150 tons, which can be used not only for transportation but also for transportation of bulk goods such as muck, coal, ore, building materials, etc.
Side dump trailer images
Side dump trailer specifications
Dimensions: 9500-15500*2500*3600-4200 mm
Maximum load: 150ton
Chassis: Heavy duty and extra-durable design I-beam
Number of axles: 3/4/5/6 axles
Tyres: 12-24, 8.25R20/10.00R20/11.00R20/12R22.5
Suspension: mechanical or air suspension
Main pin: 3.5” bolt – at main pin 90
Light: LED light (especially for overseas markets)
Landing gear: JOST
Brake system: Wilburco
Accessories: 1 standard toolbox, one rocker handle, one axle spanner
Painting: 1 coat of anti-corrosion primer and two coats of topcoat available on the sandblasted rust-proof chassis surface
Side dump trailer drawing
Please get in touch with us for a detailed drawing of the replacement configuration.
Why are these parts of the side dump trailer important?
1. For the side dump trailer the most important thing is definitely the hydraulic system.
When the user in the purchase of side dump trailer, we must pay attention to the hydraulic system must be to choose a well-known brand, and the diagonal brace must also pay attention to the manufacturer’s welders as well as reinforcement.
2. we use the number of hydraulic jacks is dependent on the weight of the transported goods.
Hydraulic truck jack is an important part of the side dumper trailer, generally depending on the load, the jack has several diameters: 110, 125, 130, 150. Generally speaking, the standard load is not more than 60 tons with 110 5 +1 (5 lifting cylinders, 1 shift cylinder) or 130 4 +1; heavy load 80 tons -120 tons generally use 6 +1 or 7+1 150 cylinders. The displacement top generally uses 160 or 180 cylinders.
3. Oil cylinder
The oil cylinder we use is the well-known brand of Hevron, the quality is better and the service life is long.
4. High load-bearing beam
The beam is very important for the side dump trailer, the side dump trailer is generally more sturdy than the equivalent load van.
Hydraulic roof bracket is also a very important part, it carries a large part of the weight of the goods, so the bracket is very important to the degree of toughness. We must protect the shaft at the connection between the hydraulic jack and the frame, otherwise, it will appear completely.
6. Side dump trailer needs to be reinforced and pivot points as much as possible
In the lifting, side tipper trailer load most of the goods are carried by the diagonal brace, so that the quality of the diagonal brace is also very critical, if the diagonal brace problems, it is particularly easy to overturn the accident, Panda generally in the use of a diagonal brace, will be reinforced.
The number of diagonal braces on the side dump trailer must be reasonable, of course, the more the better, the more anti-roll bar, each pivot point can withstand less force, so it is also safer, generally speaking, 15m side dump trailer has 6 diagonal braces, while the 13m has 5.
There is a point to note here: we have to pay attention to the swivel bracket at the top of the diagonal brace, when the side dump trailer is in the studio, we have to pull out the pins.
Roll-off is a stable choice
The side dump trailer has a hydraulic cylinder, which can tilt the car body to dump the materials to the right or left side of the trailer. This allows maximum payload and fast unloading. The side tipper can also remain stable during the dumping cycle.
Nowadays, almost all dump trucks adopt hydraulic operation and have a variety of configurations, each of which aims to complete specific tasks in the bulk material supply chain.
They are used in the mining and construction industries and transport bulk goods such as grains and fertilizers, sand, gravel, granules, and even pet food. They are usually powered by electric or pneumatic motors or PTO (Power Take-Off) hydraulic lines installed on the truck.
In the modern mining and construction fields, the semi chassis tipper has become one of the first choice side tippers in the industry.
The main reasons are as follows
- 1. Compared with other dump trucks, the semi side tipper can load more goods and use multiple cylinders to tilt the side tipper to one side to unload the goods.
- 2. The side tipper can reduce the residual unloading rate by changing different inclination angles under other applications.
- 3. The PANDA Mech can reach an inclination angle of 50 °- make sure that fewer materials will get stuck in the barrel, thus preventing overturning or rupture during unloading. Regardless of the tilting angle, the body of the side tipper must be firm and flexible enough to allow bending and twisting without cracking.
- In addition, the chassis design, tire size, and load usually influence the side tipper loading itself, and the requirements are also different for transporting goods.
- 1. The frame design of the side dump trailer is reasonable, and the craft is advanced. The box body adopts a high-strength cold-rolled corrugated steel plate, without skeleton structure, the box body has various height choices, and the loading space is enormous. The side tipper is multi-cylinder lifting, with the characteristics of multi-pull, light load, heavy load, etc. Operators can choose left and correct single unloading for easy operation.
- 2. The side tipper is a commonly used particular vehicle because the loading carriage can automatically roll over a certain angle to unload, dramatically saving unpacking time and labor force, shortening the transportation cycle, improving production efficiency, and reducing transportation costs. In addition, the side tipper can also carry out the loading and unloading of earthwork, gravel, and bulk materials.
- 3. The side tipper has the characteristics of high safety factor, advanced technology, lightweight, high degree of automation, simple operation, reliable quality, economical and durable, etc.
- 4. Q345B high strength structural steel, beam automatic submerged arc welding, and another cross-section main longitudinal beam structure, bearing effect is the best.
- 5. We use the well-known brand axle, suspension system, high performance, reliable use, which can ensure the excellent performance of the whole car.
- 6. We offer a side tipper with multiple customization options.
Which is safer, dump trailer or side tipper trailer?
Dump trailer and side dump trailer are both safer semi-trailers, but there are a few points we must pay attention to:
1. whether we unload the back dump trailer or side dump trailer, we must put the semi-trailer into a flat site, relatively speaking, the side tipper will carry more cargo and need more space.
2. in the unloading time, must ensure that no one is around, to prevent safety accidents.
3. be sure to operate the semi-trailer in accordance with the specifications, otherwise, it is easy to overturn accidents, Panda in order for customers can be safer to use the semi-trailer, we are equipped with shift cylinders, which can reduce the risk to a certain extent.
4. must do a good job of dump semi trailer and side tipper trailer routine maintenance and maintenance, improve the service life of dump truck trailer and high side dumper trailer.
- 1. Check whether there is air shortage, sundries adhesion and other conditions, deformation, cracks, and other conditions of the steel ring.
- 2. The legs of the side tipper are guaranteed to be expected. The leg inspection needs to be shaken up and down a few times, and then check whether there are cracks at the welding place, especially the car friends who are running and hanging now, pay attention to this problem.
- 3. Wear and tear of moving parts, check small functions such as boxboard hinge, box hook, insert pile, container lock, and so on to see if there are cracks and breaks. Check whether the light of the side tipper is damaged.
- 4. After unloading, the falling operation of the carriage of the side tipper should be stable, and it is not allowed to fall while walking. After the dump is finished, lock the dump door tightly and put the control lever in the neutral position.
- When overhauling the side tipper after self-unloading, the gear shift lever should be placed in a neutral position, and safety protection measures such as braking and cover wheel should be taken. For example, when carrying out the maintenance work of the carriage under the lifting state, effectively supporting and other safety protection measures must be taken.
Panda Mech is a side dump trailer manufacturer from China. We supply side dump trailers for sale. We can customize it according to your needs.
If you have side tipper trailer needs or encounter any side tipper trailer problems, you can contact us at any time; we will reply to you as soon as we receive it.