What is an LPG tanker trailer?
Liquefied gas tankers, also known as LPG road trailer, LPG transport trailer & LPG tank trailer. LPG trailer is as known as the Liquefied Petroleum Gas trailer.
LPG trailer is composed of LPG tank, Filling & Discharge System, Other Fittings, Running Gear and Special Requirement.
The LPG tanker trailer consists of two parts: the tank and the chassis. The unique transport vehicle is designed and manufactured with lightweight, and the particular transport vehicle is designed and manufactured with lightweight. It has the characteristics of reasonable structure, safety and reliability, convenient operation, and easy maintenance.
LPG tanker trailer application
LPG tanker truck trailer are special vehicles used to transport liquefied gases such as propane, propylene, dimethyl ether, liquid ammonia, methylamine, and acetaldehyde. It is widely used for transporting LPG between various gas-using locations such as refueling stations, industrial gas boilers, domestic heating, point supply plants, and hazardous chemical companies.
LPG tanker trailer images
LPG tanker trailer specifications
Design temperature: 50℃
Working temperature: -20℃-50℃
Filling factor: 420kg/m3
Hydraulic test pressure: 2.1MPa
Gas tightness test pressure: 1.61MPa
Effective volume of tank: 54-60 cubic meters
Overall dimension: 12300×2500×3975mm
Full load total mass: 37860kg
Tyre specification: 11.00R20 12PR
Number of tires: 12
Axle: 13T BPW axle
Traction pin： JOST 90# traction pin
Front/rear overhang: -/1540mm
Emergency shut-off valves: 2 in the liquid phase, 1 in the gas phase
Liquid level gauge: 1
Safety valve: 1
Pressure gauge: 1pc
Warm tip: Different standard configurations vary
LPG tanker trailer drawings
LPG tanker trailer structure
The main pressurized components of the LPG tank: the cylinder, the head, the maintenance hole cover, the flange, etc., of the tank.
LPG tank body (made of Q345R steel plate), axles, tires, legs, traction pins, double outlet and double valve box (pressure gauge, thermometer, tight cut valve, ball valve), iron anti-surge plate, safety valve, liquid level gauge, fire extinguisher, toolbox, anti-static tape, spare tire carrier, plastic tire fender, etc.
The role and operation of safety accessories for LPG tanker trailer
1. To protect the tank body from regular operation within the designed working pressure range.
Working principle: When the pressure inside the tank rises or even exceeds the designed working pressure of the tank due to some reasons (overloading, exposure to the sun, etc.), the safety valve will open automatically to exclude the pressure inside the tank. It will close by itself when the pressure inside the tank drops to the safe range.
Opening and closing date (propane medium): opening pressure: 1.73MPa; discharge pressure: 1.93MPa.
Emergency measures: When the LPG tanker trailer safety valve has tripped, drive the vehicle to a safe area and spray water on top of the tank to cool down and reduce pressure.
Emergency operation: If the safety valve starts to jump, the tank pressure drops to the valve back to the seat pressure, and the valve is not yet closed, you need to use a wooden or rubber hammer to hit the safety valve outer cover.
The safety valve spring fatigue or spring rupture, resulting in the safety valve starting jumping or can not be closed by itself; you can use the emergency closing screw to complete the safety valve forcefully.
Close the safety valve
Note: operation must do excellent personal safety protection, and accident processing is complete; the screw must be restored to its original position.
The emergency shut-off valve
Role: The LPG tanker trailer is equipped with a gas phase, liquid phase two emergency shut-off valve.
1) when there is an emergency (fire, other reasons), need to instantly cut off the gas circuit, through the valve box button or the LPG tanker trailer behind the remote control puller instantly cut off the gas circuit;
2) When the vehicle is on fire, the personnel cannot approach the LPG tanker trailer, the low-temperature alloy pin on the tight cutting valve will melt when the temperature reaches 75℃, and the emergency shut-off valve will automatically close to cut off the gas source;
3) the loading and unloading flow restriction function, the liquid in the tube wall friction generated static electricity to prevent the flow from being too large. The remote control handle behind the LPG tanker trailer should be tested regularly to check whether the action is effective. Other materials should not replace the low-temperature alloy pin after damage.
Operation sequence: no matter loading or unloading gas, tight cut valve open or close before the opening or closing of the ball valve.
The internal structure of the valve box (one on each side)
The LPG tanker trailer is equipped with two ball valves for gas and liquid phases. The valve on the quick-fit connector and external equipment docking for loading and unloading gas. When the loading and unloading are completed, and the loading and unloading hoses need to be removed, open the release valve to remove the pressure in the tube and then remove the loading and unloading hoses.
Thermometer, pressure gauge
Purpose: To display the pressure inside the tank. To reveal the pressure inside the tank, open the small valve between the pressure gauge and the gas phase pipeline; the pointer indicates the pressure inside the tank. When the pressure gauge pointer exceeds the red line of the word plate, should promptly identify the cause of the well to take drenching water to reduce pressure, a pressure gauge in the factory or testing department after the test is equipped with a seal, do not feel free to disassemble and adjust.
The temperature table is installed in the valve operation box. Function: Display the temperature inside the tank. It changes automatically as the temperature inside the tank changes.
No human operation is required. There is a red line area on the temperature table. The pointer exceeds the red line area; measures should be taken to cool down the temperature to prevent the temperature from being too high and causing the pressure in the tank to rise.
The liquid level meter
1) Rotary type
Rotary level meter to show the height of the liquid level, screw loose the middle deflating nut, turn the handle, when the deflating nut appears fluid, the pointer refers to the reading that is the height of the liquid level.
Note: Do not use excessive force when tightening the air release nut to prevent the rubber pad from being crushed and then pull the locking nut, and replace the rubber pad in time after it is destroyed. (When replacing the black rubber gasket, the tank pressure should be less than 0.3MPa).
2. Float ball type
The float level meter can directly observe the height of the liquid without other operations.
The development prospects of LPG transporters are up-and-coming for the following reasons.
The calorific value of LPG is about 4% to 5% higher than gasoline. A certain amount of air-matched LPG consumes about 6% less fuel than gasoline from the theoretical air-fuel ratio. Therefore, LPG as a vehicle fuel can improve the engine’s economy.
LPG is safer to use than petrol. Gasoline has good volatility, which increases as the temperature rises. The fuel system of the LPG tanker trailer is not very tightly closed from the structure, especially when the vehicle is filled with gasoline, the air near the tank is easy to form an explosive mixture, plus the gasoline ignition point is within 430 ℃, the ignition limit of 1. 3% to 7. 6% when a tiny spark is very easy to catch fire.
The LPG-fuelled engine has good cold starting performance, runs smoothly, and does not contain the gums present in petrol and diesel fuel, so it does not produce carbon in combustion, such as in petrol and diesel fuel, produced by gums.
The exhaust from the LPG tanker trailers is a substantial mobile source of pollution, especially urban air pollution. LPG alleviates the contradiction between supply and demand in the fuel shortage for vehicles.
- Before production, repeated communication with customers to ensure products meet customer needs.
- The tank is made of unique material for pressure vessels, with a thickness of 11-13mm, which is thick enough to guarantee the tank’s pressure resistance.
- After each vehicle is produced, it must undergo 100% flaw detection of the weld seam, tank sealing, and pressure testing to ensure the welding quality and avoid the risk of leakage.
- 1. The liquefied gas transport semi-trailer must strengthen the daily inspection, maintenance, and repair; faults should be eliminated in time to keep the vehicle’s performance always in good condition.
- 2. Various devices and accessories must be checked; (including safety valve, pressure gauge, liquid level gauge, thermometer, emergency cut-off device, multiple valves of the pipeline, grounding area, fire extinguisher, etc.). Must be checked frequently to see the expected performance, leaks, damages, etc. If irregularities are found, proper treatment should be made in time.
- 3. The pressure gauge every six months, check the qualified to add seals and fill in the inspection certificate.
- 4. When the total weight of the dry powder fire extinguisher is reduced by 10%, it should be replaced immediately.
If you have LPG tanker semi trailer needs or encounter any LPG truck trailer problems, you can contact us at any time; we will reply to you as soon as we receive it.